Sunday 13 January 2008

Patchy Purse - A Birthday Gift

On Friday we went out to dinner for a friend's birthday, and I had a bit of time beforehand, so I made her a present! Mr Veronica Darling remembered her fave colour is red, and so I went through my scraps and got all the red bits, that kind of matched for a patchwork thing. Now, I've never much liked patchwork, and I've never done it before, but I like experimenting. And here's a made up style for a purse!



She really liked it and loved that NO ONE in the world would have one like it (her words) and that made me think patchwork is a pretty spesh thing. Plus it takes a little while of extra sewing, so there's even more love than just a normal purse.

When I've made purses, I haven't used patterns or instructions and really testing my maths brain (I thought it left me long ago!) so I'm pretty happy with the result, but the zipper is slightly curved making the purse square on side and bottom edges but a slight semi circle on the top - only slightly. I mustn't be able to sew them straight. Not sure!??

See you later! We're off to the gym now and then getting outside - it's gorgeous today!

1 comment:

  1. Great purse! And a great way to sue up scraps of fabric. I just posted a tutorial on BurdaStyle for a patchwork skirt made from scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...