Tuesday 12 February 2008

Outfit Number Eleven - Heaps Belated B'day Gift

Yay, here's a total reconstructed outfit for Number Eleven. My pal Neens gave me a huge mu-mu type dress is the best fabric!



It's blue cotton with puffy (but not total puff paint) paint screened over with Australiana pictures. Now, pretty revolting in a baglike state, but check out the recon here:




I'd totally wear it! Luckily it just fits her, and even though it was her material, I gave it back to her as a B'day present because I was going to make her something in Dec (and bring pasta salad to her party) but I felt too sickie with a flash illness.

I'm getting used to the early starts now, and finally leaving work at a decent hour, there's so much happening at the moment, but I think I'm getting a handle on it!

And Hi to my new sewing friend (I gave her the green pincushion below!) and good luck in starting out!!!!! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Such a nice transformation! It is such a cute dress now. I don't have anything against mu-mu (well maybe) but what you did is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!! I'd totally wear it too!! Good work honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey! Yeah, I found the link through the "arthurs Circus" blog, so i'll definitely let you know how it goes! Hey, have you joined the Brown Owls??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...