Friday 30 January 2009

White wine spritzers help you sew FACT

... well they certainly make you happy while sewing!

It's Friday arvo, and I'm just taking a little break from sewing one of my 100 Outfits (sitting on halfway) and thought I'd check the internerd etc etc etc (and waste some time).

Here's my current dress, without sleeves:



But with a valentine-esque bodice. Or maybe it's a sweetheart bustline... I don't know whatever it is, it looks HOT and the material looks pretty good so far too. It's another op shop find, as is the pattern. Should I stop telling you that almost everything I make is 100 per cent recycled? I seem to be getting a few newbies stopping by the blog, so I feel the need to explain!

For some reason recycled isn't as gorgeous a word as refashioned or vintage. No I know that vintage can mean a lot these days, and etsy defines vintage goods as:

* The Vintage category is for things that are at least 20 years old.
* These listings must be placed in the Vintage category.

But I make most of my clothes from vintage or semi-vintage fabrics. 80s fabrics are now at least 20 years old. But at the same time I can't really confirm the age of some of my fabrics.

Anyways, 'found fabrics', 'recycled', 'refashioned' and 'vintage' are all great ways to describe some of my clothes. And what about my zippers, gosh I almost forgot about how my zippers are mostly from the 60s and 70s! I've got the packets to prove it!

Nevertheless, I hope your Friday arvo is fun like mine! I'm going to sit down and watch some West Wing and knit up for the Global Guerilla Knit Up! Some of my friends are going to make bows and other delightful things for traffic lights! So stay tuned for piccies!

2 comments:

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...