Sunday 8 February 2009

Thinking of you!

A bit of a little post from my unpowered home to say I'm thinking of Gippslanders, Victorians and everyone with smokey eyes and who are short of breath.

My parents are packed, ready to go, but last I heard things are ok for them. But not so ok for others who have lost family members to the fires that took a hold of Victoria over the weekend.

Having worked several fire seasons in Victoria, I feel very far away at the moment. Very helpless and hoping the best for everyone involved. I'm typing from my home with ANOTHER power outage in our suburb, the reason still unknown... it's 8pm now, and we haven't had power since 12noon. I am terribly annoyed without power, but I cannot begin to imagine what it feels like to have lost your home in a bushfire.

Thinking of you. Hoping you're safe and your family is safe.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...