Tuesday 19 May 2009

Booky News: Short stories in America

GAH! I tried to blog this yesterday, because I have HEAPS to blog about, but my computer, the internerd or the blogger machine is not working to my schedule!

Book time! This is my 8/50 book, and 'Birds of America' by Lorrie Moore.



It's a collection of short stories, I found them via a David Sedaris site (whom I LOVE - go and read everything of his right this second), and bored one day I ebay searched his top tips... Lorrie's book was the only one currently listed on ebay. So I got it!

I've got so much on the go so better rush off. Mother in Law flies in tonight, and the house is yukky due to little puppy. I have 2 dresses to finish this arvo too, as our spare room is also the sewing room. Wish I had the big bucks and had a 3 bedroom house. Sigh. Phew.

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. squeaky voiced blonde chickWednesday 20 May 2009 at 15:07:00 GMT+8

    Okay. So this is getting eerie. I spent the weekend sewing and listening to David Sedaris audiobooks! I laughed so hard my seams were crooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love David Sedaris. If he recommends it, it must be good. Maybe I should pick up a copy for my flight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...