Friday 26 June 2009

A little sprucing up in the sewing room

Well, I've been busy today! Unpacking from our holiday and cleaning clothes (a few times as the washing machine clogged up a few times - YUK - need to get a new one), but thinking a lot about finishing off my 100 Outfit Challenge in a frenzy. I mentioned before that I could do a dress a day (as I've seen blogged in this great blog), so I've pinpointed July as having 31 days (right everyone?) and will make an item of clothing a day. I've set aside 16 patterns that are cinchybubs to make, like an hour here and there, in case I get stuck! And a few extras that I love!


Plus I have a few 1 hour skirts up my sleeve in case I get desperate on a busy work day. Here I started getting a few 'must-makes' together too, as I really would like to make cutie Emy her dress before I start everything else, and a few winter things for peeps too:



Also, I've been tempted by this challenge, to go outside the comfort zone of my usual sewing ways, and use a fabric or colour that wouldn't usually be top of the list! They've listed HOT PINK as the colour, and I've got this pretty hot pink floral bedsheet I could use, but have NO idea what to make it up in yet. I also have a hot pink zipper (second hand one) that I can use too. Ick, but yay for sewing up all my stash! Also, all these 'Dress a Day' things will be from my stash, with recycled materials as always. Zips, threads, buttons et al saved from landfill. If you're keen for a great blog article on sustainable and art projects, check out Oranges and Apples's recent post cause she's spotted something quite interesting!

I now have a sleeping warm puppy on my lap, and I don't want to go back into my sorting and sprucing frenzy! I was on such a roll!

5 comments:

  1. that sounds like quite a challenge!! I wish ya the best... hot pink can be tricky tricky color to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm soooo excited!! I hope it goes well, it sounds like you are going to be sooo super busy!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay I cant wait to see what you make, you have inspired me to sew an outfit a week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your are such an inspiration! Seriously, can't wait to see you reach your 100th handmade item!

    And yay for my dress!!! I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sewing is such a messy hobby, I am always amazed at the amount of mess it generates, and then there's the clutter, the patterns, the fabric the the notions etc. Still, couldn't live without it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...