Thursday 21 October 2010

Shoe Lady

You can just call me the shoe lady from now on. When you can make all your own clothes, and follow the darling Wardrobe Refashion eco/sustainability/DIY lifestyle, you tend to hover around shops that sell things you can't make. Like OK OK in Brunswick.

BEST SHOES EVER:


They are Melissa OF COURSE (I'm so obsessed - as you can see here with the Troupe, here with the flatties and here with my first pair of heels) and I fully can't make shoes, so tend to love on the stores that stock up on the shoes I love. I am NOT getting paid to love on these shoes, I love them for heaps of reasons but mostly for biodegradeable/fair work practices and other ethical reasons.

But, OK OK is the best store as Emina has too many Melissa Darlings to choose from! I wanted (in this instance) something straight forward, something that could be worn with loads of colours and flattie in style... my little toes are getting a bigger work out in Melbs. I'm walking HEAPS.

Even Doggie Darling had to cuddle up with them!


I popped by next door (after leaving OK OK) to my HAIRDRESSERS: Corrin's Hair Lounge and showed my 'plain' shoes to the girls there... they decided these WEREN'T plain shoes at all... I wonder what makes me think they are! LOLZ

xoxo Happy Shoe Day to you!

7 comments:

  1. Those ARE lovely shoes! I feel justified buying shoes and sweaters- since I am not a cobbler nor a knitter!
    I LOVE shoes too, I completely understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you- I don't know what it is about shoes but I can't get enough of them! Funny thing is, I prefer to go barefoot any time that I can. :) I would love to learn to make shoes. How awesome would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable little flats!! I'm a shoe hoarder myself ;)

    www.RavingFashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG WANT! I'm always saving for another pair of Melissa shoes. They so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure which I love more, doggie darling or the shoes...mmm, I think doggie darling first, shoes very close second. Just look at that sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some okok tights that i bought from Mandrake & Willow in Yarraville. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my Summer definitely needs these. And quite probably the lace ones in this series too, in both colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...