Saturday 13 November 2010

Butterick Beginnings

Of course, as soon as I finish something, I have to start another project within seconds.


This time, I searched through Amanda's Vintage Pattern Collection (that she has dearly loaned me) to find a 32 or 34 bust, so I didn't have the heartbreak of making a dress up in a size too big. And heartbreak for me is often quickly fixed by zillions of vintage patterns and other fabulous materials in the stash, and the endless possibilities for more frocks.

So the Butterick 9792 seems to be the best fit, and I've found some sheen material in purple, with black flecks, that I'll try the view B. I've done heaps of larger skirts recently, so would love to try something fitted (a la The Freelancer's Fashion Blog's wiggle dresses) but I'm not sure the scoopy top bit will suit me. Let's wait and see shall we!?


Looks simple enough! I thought I might omit the facing and try for bias binding in the same fabric, I adore neatness underneath and not flappy facing pieces. I'll keep you posted though, it could be a shamozzle!

Happy Saturday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there veronica. I know you have been busy but I sent you an email just seeing how you were going with my giveaway piece - Hope you are still happy to do it :0) as haven't heard from you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh! Love it! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems everyone but me can find vintage patterns in sizes about 34. I have only ever found 2. I am about a 38 bust so vintage patterns do not like me so much. I actually have a couple of nice vintage ones here in 34 if you want them. I would be happy to send them your way. At least then they will actually get made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...