Monday, 8 November 2010

Tablecloth dress progress report

Thought I'd show you where I'm at with the tablecloth dress, as part of my 'Amanda's Vintage Pattern Challenge' (where I make up some of Amanda's pattern collection):


The thrifted tablecloth was handmade, and after cutting it up, I realised it was kinda handmade unevenly into a circle. So as I cut the skirt bits using the existing hem of the tablecloth (a clever trick I came up with) there may be a little unevenness to that hem. Not so clever now, hey?

And as it's an older tablecloth (not quite barkcloth, kinda a heavy linen), I cut around some of the old stains, but found this on the bodice:


A threaded thing in the fabric. It's not a tear, but at least it makes this dress even more original now!


The front 'V' is just darling and wasn't as hard to sew up as I thought! Just fold under the edges and sew onto the bodice, topstitch style.

10 comments:

  1. Its going to be gorgeous! Love the flower placement on the straps and bodice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished product. The material is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be sooooooooooooo special! CANNOT wait to see it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I'm impressed with your projects. The pattern is really sweet (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O,I'm loving it!!Beautiful flower placement,and I adore the texture!Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks very promising, I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing so far - cant wait for you to finish it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I can't wait to see the final result too! I love the printed straps and V detail, please finish it quickly^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous, cant wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!