Friday 24 December 2010

Friend Friday: Christmas Time

I haven't done a 'Friend Friday' blog post for a while (even though I started the 'party fash' one last week, but only wrote half a sentence... and then had to go to a party!), but if you're hanging out around blogland these days, 'Friend Friday' is a regular weekly blog post started over at Katy's Modly Chic that heaps of fash peeps contribute to. Anyone can join too!

So, here's today's questions:

Let's make this one a little more fun than some of our other question sets....it's about HOLIDAYZ. Our family kinda celebrates Christmas. I say kinda, because there are no kids, no grandkids, and we're all sloshy adults who sometimes do Kris Kringle, and sometimes don't care about anything other than eating delish foods.

Hmmm, I may be a bit dorky when it comes to these questions, sometimes I hate the modern Christmas time so much. This year I've taken a few deep breaths and have got off the soapbox. (I usually moan about consumerism and waste, but have been very minimal in my present buying and even though I hadn't the time to make things, I did take time to consider what I was buying.)

1. Your favorite holiday memory:

We had a lot of Christmases in caravans when I was little, as my Nanna and Pop lived in a caravan park and we'd go visit them. They were always fun with mini Christmas trees, but I reckon all childhood Christmases were fun! 

 

2. Were you ever a victim of those family Christmas party photo shoots? What do you think about them now? Care to share an old photo?

Eep, I'm not really sure what this means. We take photos, yep, in our family, but not too sure what the family party photo shoot is. I'm lost!



3. Best Christmas gift you ever gave:

I gave my Dad a year of sponsoring an Orangutang at Melbourne Zoo one year, and he adored it. He kept the photo of the darling creature on the fridge, and it was almost as close as the real thing.


4. Craziest/funniest holiday family tradition:

Santa leaves chocolates all over the house in little bowls, so when you walk around there's always tiny treats everywhere. Also Santa sometimes puts more chocolates on the tree AFTER Christmas too! OMG!


5. Favorite type of Christmas cookie:

Um... not too sure what choices there are? Does this mean something like shortbread? My family aren't really traditional with food choices, for example we usually have seafood and heaps of salads. I am usually vegetarian, but become good old Vege-quarian at Christmas/Holiday time, because my Dad is a die hard when it comes to fish and cooking it. He has 3 kinds of fish tomorrow, plus prawns, plus oysters.


Yay! Decorations! Happy Christmas Eve, and happy holiday time to all you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a hoot! such a great read - have an awesome christmas, and totally adored all the photos too. The doggies are soooo cute! Best wishes for the new year too. xo lotsa love, K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...