Wednesday 2 February 2011

Sew Weekly: Imitation & Flattery WIP

I've got so many practical photos this week, loads of works in progress reports! I promise some glam shots soon!


This week the theme from the Sew Weekly group is 'Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery' and I've been trawling the internerds for something that I like to see if I can pull it off! Have you guys looked at 'Pinterest' before? I've started using it, to 'pin' my inspiration to its virtual pinboards for the Sew Weekly and you can browse what I pin on my Sew Weekly board! I'll show you the inspirational dresses (and where I found them!) when I post my completed garment!

I started off wanting to use this cotten sateen stretch green fabric! But it was too little!


It was a remnant from Sydney's The Fabric Store, that will have to be something else instead! Another remnant I've had for a while is this blue floral stretch sateen... my Mother in Law had sent it to me, as she's an opshopper around Brisbane, and spies some nice things from time to time.

Luckily, the pattern pieces fitted PERFECTLY on this remnant!


PHEW! JUST FITS! So I'll for this week, I'll also revisit some of the Blue & Floral theme from the other day! Thanks to you if you said it's my new colour! I'll give it another whirl!

Also, my sewing work room was featured in Franca's Oranges & Apples 'Workspace Roundup' so pop along there if you'd like to see more of my room!!



And here's a sneaky peak of the bodice. Oo La La!


 What are you working on this week? If I have time, I'd like to whip up some festival outfit options as it's LANEWAY this weekend and it's within WALKING distance from my house! Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this fabric! Can't wait to see the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue and white floral. This will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the blue and white floral fabric! That's going to be a really cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...