Sunday 20 February 2011

What a tough gig!

Photography is TOUGH! Yesterday Husbie and I photographed a friend of a friend's wedding (maybe another friend in that connection, I forget) and it was so beautiful but I could not have prepared myself enough!


Today my body aches a little in weird places, my 'trigger' finger hurts, and I had the vividest and busy dreams ever. Looking at things all day through a camera, makes your brain go in overdrive.

But, thank GOODNESS for comfortable shoes! I wore my new bolero, a black frock and ballet flats and it was the WISEST decision I've ever made in my entire life. For, my feet only hurt today, just a bit. If I'd worn heels, even small ones, I would have fallen over or would never have been able to wear them again. Having said that, I have just soaked them in salts! I ran around the ceremony crowd probably 18 times.

Husbie took some amazing photos (so SO many gorgeous ones!), but I'm really proud of the 'detail' shots I got. The flower above was one of the groomsman's lapel thingies, and I'm so happy with a billion other shots too! FYI, I used my Lumix GF1 (by Panasonic) all day, using about 30 gig of storage and 3 batteries (I had time to charge one of my two batteries later). The bum bag worked a treat (a little bag attached to my belt, that blended into my skirts) as I had my hands free to just have the camera ready at all times.

By the way, if you are on the lookout for a new camera, when I called one of the many Melbourne camera shops this week to buy a second battery and chip, they said Panasonic is bringing out the second version of my camera, a Lumix GF2, and there will be deals/lens packages going when they come out. I can't recommend my Lumix enough, and I do stress I am not being paid in any way to tell you this, I am an independent blogger and like to experience things myself. Anyways, hit me up if you need more info, I don't tend to gush on about my technology!

Hoping you had a darling relaxing weekend and talk to you laterz! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture! are you going to show us some more? I wish you guys could photograph our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am trying to find out how to send you an email? I've been following your blog for about 2 years b/c of sewing & general laughter! I have a sewing project that I need suggestions/advice on, if you have time? I always enjoy your lovely blog; thanks for the smiles & inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic! I would love to give wedding photography a go one day. Maybe one day when I am a bit better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love the photos your husbie took at my wedding. We have the big one hanging in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pic! You're not wrong about it being a tough gig. I do some freelance photography and once did a wedding, by far the toughest gig I've ever done, everything that could go wrong, did. You live and learn though! Does your hubby have a website?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the photos of late, they make me happy! Particularly the late night docklands shots, they are perfect! Husbie and Veronica Darling are TALENTED!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...