Friday 17 August 2012

Last Week of Work: Friday


My last day at work started off very early (but not so 'bright' as in bright and early, right?) as I produced the breakfast show boys! And it was SO gorgeous and fun! A perfect last day... You might be like, WHAT? Producing BREAKFAST RADIO is perfect? But as I don't do it all the time, it was really great working with the boys again and Friday's radio shows are always really great, uplifting etc.

Husbie took these photos at 4.45am, and I couldn't see him (nor him, me) so please forgive me for I look like a startled bunny in the headlights, but I didn't want to blink or stand outside for long because it was COLD.

BUT, it's a new handmade dress (I KNOW!):



The Facts

Fabric: Some sort of wool blend stretch knit (from Lincraft) and about $8 or $9 a metre
Pattern: Self drafted, but using Built By Wendy's Sew U Stretch techniques, with a scoopier neckline for future breastfeeding days.
Notions: just thread
Year: 2012
Time to complete: 1.5 hours
First worn: August 2012
Wear again? Yes!

Total Cost: $10



It's a long sleeves tshirt dress, and I made the neckline thicker but looser for the breastfeeding option (so you just pull it and unclip the maternity bra... not that I know yet, but I'll report back). My maternity dresses have just been long tubes, rectangles for front and back, usually for my frame I curve them to fit, but to stretch out for Le Bump now and to be a baggier dress for post-birth, a rectangle should be ok.

Here's how dark it really was, no flash:


Hope you've enjoyed seeing my pregz fash outfits from my last working week! It's a bit selfish, because it's kinda for me to reflect and show my little Bunny Boo later (oh the pet names our little human has already, I could write a book)... but thanks for all your kind notes and wishes through the week!

Have a great weekend! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo last day of work! I have 4 more weeks. I can't wait till my last week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend Veronica, and keep warm! Your dress is adorable and will be very practical and comfy.
    And I'm looking forward to seeing Bunny Boo for realz too, as I am sure you both are! Cutest pet name, ever, too btw :) I still call my grown up kiddies by their pet names sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look marvelous!! The dress is fantastic, and I'm glad your last day went so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...