Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Handmaker's Factory


Hi! Back again! I've got about 5 minutes in between Baby Darling catching some zzz's and running a few errands (you can run errands online, no? Online banking et al!) here, but I wanted to let you know about The Handmakers Factory that is very happily bubbling away already (I'm pleased to see!).


My online world completely opened up when I discovered Nikkishell & her Wardrobe Refashion community, there wasn't a strong online sewing & fashion community like there is now back when I started blogging... and it was a little harder to find inspiration for my sewing... but I totally *got* Nichola's ethos and started feeling stronger in my writing/sewing/creativeness through seeing her posts.

Over 5 years the Wardrobe Refashion grew to be a huge sewing & creating community, and now Nichola has launched the next chapter to her passions! I'm excited to see what it'll become and where it'll grow both online & offline (IRL!) and I'm sure you'd want to be a part of it. My macrame tshirt refashion (above) was my first project over there, and I'm going to try and keep the refashion theme going in my work (when I can make stuff of course, give me time!) at the Handmakers Factory!

YAY to more sewing & refashioning and even more YAY to things being 'Made in Melbourne'! I look forward to catching up with you soon Nichola, now that it's cooler Baby Darling and I are hopefully going to be back to normal! (I say cooler, but it's probably still 27 degrees right now!)

And to all you creative types, go sign up to the Handmakers Factory!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...