Saturday 5 October 2013

What I Wore: First Day Back at Work


I don't really do outfit posts, but when an old handmade frock looks this good after 2 years, I'm making an exception! Maybe I'll have to make it a nostalgia or memory lane type post?! Still being swamped with blog ideas and not enough time to write the posts!

My first day back at work was a gorgeous sunny spring day, the trees were blossomy and green leaved... And I felt only a little excited so not bad butterflies! You should know I adore my work and my colleagues so I felt like a minor celebrity all day. Even my friends at the office in Sydney made me feel so special and I felt like the biggest Positina Turner smiling all day, and catching up on work stories & happenings! Such fun! 

Baby Darling, of course, crossed my mind about 50 times, but not every second like I thought he would. Our Nanny texted me a photo of the sweetie on a swing around lunchtime so that made my day. It was amazing not carrying around 11 kilos and I (just as my friend predicted) totally enjoyed going to the bathroom by myself for the first time in forever!


And so, I love wearing this Lilly Pulitzer inspired dress post pregnancy, as it was a little loose when I made it in 2011, now it fits like a dream. As I've been reading up about FBA (in prep for Anna & other dresses), I've noticed the darts around the bust are a little out now with my fuller BF cup. But the bell sleeves are just so sweet. I've been thinking how this shape (top and bottom pieces, instead of a fill dress, with darts) is also a good one for me right now... Highlighting the waist with the seam and really accentuating the hourglass a lot more than a vertical darted front. I like it! Bring on the Anna dress pattern & Belladone, I reckon!

Outfit Stats:
* dress - Self sewn "Between Two Ferns" 1960s style dress (formerly two short curtains, thrifted!), 2011 during The Sew Weekly * shoes - Melissa from 2009 * hair - big 60s style a la Brigitte Bardot, from old pin curls * (thanks Franca for showing me a lovely layout for Outfit posts & stats, you are a sweetie & one of THE best!) 

Thanks to you all for such lovely comments this week! Loved hearing about your 'To Sew' Lists as well! Happy Weekend all of you! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...