Wednesday 15 January 2014

31/31 The Full Circle Skirt


Thanks to By Hand London's new (to me) online app, I made a ridiculously good full circle skirt!


I haven't made a circle skirt for ages, I think since maybe Sew Weekly days, and this fabric was also a Sew Weekly creation as I made a lovely little 1960s number from it in 2011. It wasn't hard to follow the By Hand London instructions (you fill in your measurements and length and it calculates the waistband radius - SOOOOO helpful... ) and the whole skirt came together in about an hour I reckon. There's just a simple waistband and a side zipper (also thrifted) for this one... and a simple folded hem... 

The fabric is very swishy and as I made a straight skirt last time, I fully didn't realise how gorgeous the fabric hangs. I still have over 2 metres of it as well! Go op shopping in Ballarat!



Hooray! So that's 31 things made in 31 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...