Wednesday 18 February 2009

Fashion Parade Au Go Go for Outfit Number 49

A little sneak peak of my FASHION PARADE dress, I'm dropping it in the post ASAP. I might actually have to ask Husbie (aka MR VERONICA DARLING) to do it, as I've got to make the hair salon in 20 minutes!





I'm so proud of it! I also worked out that when I next make it (for myself) I'll take up the hem, alter the shoulders (shorten the space between shoulder & bust) and finish the sleeves of a little shorter. I'm *pretty* sure I'm skilled enough to do that little itty bitty bit of tailoring. There's some great material, denim like with a bit of a stretch, that I got from my mother-in-law, it's on the washing line back in this post, but you can't really see it that well! Blue and Green Massive Flowers!

Ok, better rush off! Getting my darling bob trimmed and new blonder whiter look! Oh, and as I'm not happy with a few outfits I started for Outfit Number 49, this gorgeous darling dress is now OUTFIT NUMBER 49

12 comments:

  1. Tis lovely...i like it in that print...hope all goes well at the hairdressers...mine's currently in a bob and colored white blond...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that was a tablecloth? Fabulous. I particularly love the centrepiece at the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! well done, I want one!

    I discovered the other day that we have a mutual (real life) friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! Blogged it at Craft Gossip Sewing Blog: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/cool-idea-dress-from-a-tablecloth/2009/02/18/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fabulous dress! I love the way you matched up the print from the fabric to give character to the dress! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this dress! I adore the shoes as well. Are they orange? I am in love with orange shoes at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for ALL your comments! I feel fabulous!

    The shoes are rusty red, but probably come up a little orange in the light of our kitchen! Now I think I've got an orange shoe crush too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made this out of a tablecloth? Wow that's amazing work!! the dress is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to match those waist seams, lady! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is to die for and the last pic beautiful. Love the hat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...