Monday 13 July 2009

24/7 - Day Eleven - AKA Outfit #77

Hey! A brainwave from my lovely Husbie: Why don't you take the laptop to the pub and use their free wifi internerds?

YES! I got home from work today, and felt a bit Monday grumbily (yes, even Positina Turner's like me get down in the dumps) and Husbie explained that our original internetz peeps could not make our mobile service go any faster (for weeks it had become so so so slow, to the point you'd have to walk away and then come back to finish what you're doing). So they decided to waiver all cancellation and payout fees cause they couldn't fix the problem in our area, great hey? Usually you have to go through phone call after phone call to get something fixed.

But the catch was, they canceled our service right away. Yep, so cause we had only just started inquiring about iinet, it's going to take 7-10 working days (YEPS) to get connected. So I was down in the dumps, and had a few pics to post, plus another garment to finish today (as I'm still keen to finish my challenge off yeah?) and that's when Husbie's brainwave sent me here. Where is here? At the pub, with Aerosmith, Jimmy Barnes and Heart all on the jukebox. YEAH! As I started writing this post, I had to stop because the lyrics in 'All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You' were so awfully distracting! Google friends, google the lyrics if you need to remember. I certainly don't want to hear that song again for another 10 years.

Anyways, the point of me being here at the hilarious free wifi place is to post Outfit #77, check out the pics first:





It's a recent op shop purchase both pattern and fabric. The dress pattern is pretty recent, and was godawful pastel pink florals, and I think I got it from Brunswick Savers on my recent holiday down in Melbs. The fabric is also from somewhere recent, maybe Tempe Tip? Not sure... but it's totally garish and light and flowy and so hence the ruffles and frill are all lovely and floaty. There's a slight zebra pattern on the fabric too, but it's like a metallic red on the normal red.

Anyways, be prepared for loads more red things, because I put the red threads in both my machines, and felt like a total SWEET SHOP* sewing lady cause now the red threads are in, I'm sewing up all my red stash. I need to save as much time as possible!




*as opposed to sweat shop of course

1 comment:

  1. Love the red! And the dress is adorable especially with the belt to go with it. Sorry to hear about your internet troubles... that's always a pain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...