Thursday 9 July 2009

24/7 - Day Nine - AKA Outfit #75

Yay! I've finally caught up. So today, here's my Ninth Outfit for 9/7/09. Phew!




It's a total refashion, I had a 'David Lawrence' tshirt, from the Op Shop in Summer Hill, and I had some stretch knit floral material from some other op shop and I chucked them together. Correction: OVERLOCKED them together. I'm in love with my overlocker these days, everything's overlocked. It's so professional.

However, I will NEVER show you close up shots of this dress. I snipped out the tshirt's high neckline and followed my ultra bombshell red dress's shape but then when I did the overlocking binding stuff (using the floral material) it totally went to the dogs. I just couldn't keep it straight (perhaps the binding was too thin) and gosh, then I figured out the rolled hem (for the actual hem line) and it finally looked great. But once I put it on it couldn't handle being stretched, so all the threads have busted.

Oh well! At least I'm learning about 'rolled hems' and stretchy sexy dresses!

4 comments:

  1. My god, it looks fantastic. Makes me want an overlocker. And as much talent a focus as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, I love the floral fabric so much! I gave you a little award thingy on my new blog too xx Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome refashioning job.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...