Thursday 8 December 2011

Sew Weekly: Tiger Stripes Pin Up


Why HELLO! I finally found these photos on my work computer, they're from the Pin Up week at the Sew Weekly. We'd not even really moved into our new home when we took these photos, so it was so much fun exploring the garden and finding all the gorgeous flowers!

The playsuit is just gorgeous, but I haven't had an occasion to wear it yet. The weather in Melbso has been heaps up and down, and IF it stays nice, I may wear it on the weekend.



It's a 1970s or early 1980s jumpsuit, that I cut off the legs to make it summer appropriate, and it has an elastic waistband. The fabric is from the Remnants Warehouse in Marrickville (or Alexandria - I forget which shop now) and I've had it for AGES as I've waited around for the perfect outfit.


Cute little heart buttons on the back too:


Too much fun!


Hope you're having a nice week! Are you getting ready for Christmas or the Holidays? We're not big gift givers in our family (however it's taken a few years to get into that mindset) so I'm not making anything special. I have only a few weeks of Sew Weekly left, and then I'm not sure what I'll do.

The Big Hair News for me: I'm heading to the hairdressers tonight, and actually will pick a new hair colour. I'm not sure what yet! I'm swinging between white, strawberry blonde, blonde, apricot and other shades of lighter orange. BUT I DON'T KNOW! What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Great photos, totally pin-up. I really like the snow-white hair, it really suits the pin-up girl thing, if you plan on re-visiting it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blond is the way to go! Love the jumpsuit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful photos, and your playsuit is lovely. It reminds me of Pebbles!! Can't wait to see the new 'do...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an original cement path out in the yard...

    love those things... gorgeous outfit to water plants in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the playsuit! It's darling! Hmm, I could see you as a strawberry blonde-- or white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i kind of want to see you as a pink lady, a la grease...

    CUTE SUIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The pictures are great. Saw it originally over at The Sew Weekly. Perfect way to sass up your gardening:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...