Thursday 10 September 2009

Shopping, REAL shopping

Oh boy, when I'm not near a sewing machine I start to turn into a very girly girl!

I'll get my shopping experience outta the way first, because how cute are these gorgie photos:



The dog is Doggie Darling, the shoes are from Monk House Design on Lygs in Brunners (and they blog their new arrivals, thank you darling shop assistant for my darling DARLING Melissa shoes) and the backyard is my new abode in Melbs.

I've wanted another pair of Melissa shoes for a while (plastic, not leather, but mind you NOT biodegradable*, but I plan on passing these shoes on to my grandchildren, so they will NEVER die - or end up in landfill) so these delightful red ones were on special and I totally did that thing when you walk passed a window, think 'Oh that's nice, that's nice, that's nice, onto next shop HANG ON WAS THAT A GORGEOUS SHOE IN THE WINDOW!' And freeze and then slow mo yourself back to check!

Before I spotted the Melissa shoes, I was browsing in a secondhand store and actually considered this Western type shirt for my Husbie, it was checked, cowboy, from vintage Myer, and I thought about it and then he called as I was deciding about getting it and convinced me not to in case it was the wrong size. I am shopping for shoes AND shopping for my Husbie. I am a TOTAL girly girl without my sewing machine!

But totally the best thing today was meeting a lovely LITTLE girl, my darling friend had her only 2 months ago (not even) and she's SO freaking cute! She was wearing the darling red/blue spotted dress I made her too (during my Dress a Day in July challenge) and she was just cute as a button. LOVE GIRL BABIES!

xoxo




* I've just done a bit of googling, before I published this post, because I thought 'I think PVC can't be broken down' but then thought 'I just assumed this because I'm bossy and never check facts'. So Google has told me:

A product review website says:
The designers include Edson Matsuo, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Campana Brothers, Triton,
Isabella Capeto. The shoes are made in Brazil, and employees have high wages and extended benefits. All of the shoes are made from MELFLEX plastic, a patented, hypo-allergenic, recyclable, and
extremely flexible PVC. The shoes are also cruelty free, so they are made with no animal products. Melissa shoes also recycle 99.9% of factory water and waste, and overstock styles are recycled into new styles (only the darker color shoes have recycled material).

and Emily (and a few others have left this comment on this big post on Melissa shoes over at StyleFrizz):
Emily on 02.23.08 at 3:57 pm
"I just bought a pair of Melissa shoes. They are 100% biodegradable, can be recycled, and are made from recycled materials. They are extremely comfortable, stain proof, water resistant, and smell like bubble gum. The company also recycles much of their waste and pays their employees well above the minimum wage in Brazil. It’s a happy time on my feet with brand new silver shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...