Friday 22 January 2010

Mrs Tailor strikes again and some blog love




I've officially become Mrs Tailor again, with my friends, neighbours and colleagues asking for my mad sewing skillz to help them and their clothes out. Pretty soon I'll have to update that To Do List of mine, and strike off just as much as what I'll have to add on. Here's my taxi man's shirts all re-hemmed, for he is short in stature like myself, and needs a little balancing out.

Recently some very good and loving readers gave me a couple of nods my way:



Thank you to Lisa at The Vintage Librarian for the Kreativ Blogger one (although I'm really puzzled by the spelling of this creative award. I guess more work was put into the lovely colours and contrast and the spelling was overlooked?) and the Sugar Doll award was from Barbara who writes at The Flowery Skirt (and is a super keen refashionista!). Thank you for reading and passing these awards on!

I'm going to be a little bit time poor (1990s buzz word again) and just leave you with some THOUGHTS, as both awards were about 'Things You Didn't Know About Me'... I'll choose 8 things, because it's somewhere slightly between 7 and 10.

ONE

I'm about to go to get a facial so am posting quickly before I leave. It's really hot so I'm hoping it's a nice cool one and the facial place is right around the corner from where I live

TWO

The first music concerts I went to were within a few months of each other, so I can't remember if it was Prince (and the New Power Generation tour) or The Cure (touring the Wish album) that I saw first. I tell people it was Prince because he's just so cool. But I suppose The Cure are just as cool.

THREE

I'm really terrible at cashing in or using up gift vouchers. I always lose them because I switch handbags so often, and almost lost a really expensive restaurant voucher yesterday, but luckily found it down the couch.

FOUR

My hands are the same size as an 8 year old boy's. My feet haven't grown since I was 11 years old. I am little in most places, but you obviously can't tell that online. Yippee.

FIVE

My new workmates keep making me talk on the radio and I'm actually getting used to it. I'm very bad at constructing sentences though, and always am paranoid they'll tell a joke and I won't get it.

SIX

I wanted to be a forensic pathologist when I was still at school, and lately I've started thinking about whether I should write crime novels. Or murder mysteries. I did hear a podcast from This American Life though, that was about people who's relatives have been murdered and how it is just awful to see so many murder and intrigue shows on the telly. So I'm in mixed minds.

SEVEN

The facial place just called me and told me it's time to go to my appointment! Funny!

EIGHT

I'm going to leave Doggie Darling inside because it's so hot. Hopefully she won't chew up the couch!

xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I am being fan of Veronica and the shirt is looking great so far. I love the colour you chose. Very nice for the aussie summer...
    buy r4i칩

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...