Sunday 4 September 2011

SSS Day 4: Purple Floral

It was another spring cleaning day for us today. After walking and yoga, I wore this purple stretch knit dress, I first made for the Sydney Laneway festival a few years ago and is super comfy for Sundays.

These dresses are the best tracksuit pants type dresses (have I told you that about a million times already?) and I will be making them until the ends of time. They're THAT good. And here's my neck muff/cowl in black like I told you about yesterday. Melissa flats and second hand denim jacket I got for Double Denim Day at work (LONG STORY).

Speaking of Melissa's...

Soon after we took this photo (we went for a bike ride) I met Melissa, who reads the Sew Weekly blog and said hi (I bet she says hi to all you too!) to me! I met someone IRL! I am super surprised to meet people who read and know me from online and I get super shy! I get really giggly and overwhelmed by how nice and gorgeous people are. APOLS to all, I love that you say hi, just forgive my befuddled-ment. I also get befuddled perhaps because I'm super forgetful of who I meet for my job... I talk to and email SO many people for work (don't we all these days!) and sometimes forget their gorgeous faces.

ANYWAYS, a gorgeous girl in real life AND online is Ms Marieke Hardy; and whilst it's not her previous blog making a reprise, I'm sure you'll be excited (if you knew her as Holly C or Ms Fits) that Marieke is blogging again. I'm excited.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love meeting blog friends in real life! I only know 2 of my blog friends in real life. One used to work with my sister and we met through her. The other one owns a cute vintage shop and I met her when I went into her shop. I would love to meet more of my bloggy friends. I think it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your SSS posts.

    Oh when we meet next weekend we can be all shy and befuddled together, a real pair of Giggling Gerties he he, it will be super fun. I haven't made my dress yet or tackled the paint/dye challenge arrr. How are you going? did you sort your pattern out?

    Thank you for the heads up on Marieke's blog I just finished her book I kissed and held it close to my chest when I closed the back cover it's so fab to hear Marieke's blogging again it has brightened my already bright day. Yay see you soon sweetie xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress does look comfy! Guilty secret: I totally adore trackpants. And ugg boots!

    How exciting about meeting a bloggy friend! I have a friend "irl" (hehe) who I met on burdastyle. She is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! A tracksuit type dress sounds like my ideal wardrobe piece/outfit for life. I always get a healthy dose of shoe envy when seeing your outfits, makes me dream of a life where I have non-freak show feet and more than three pairs of shoes.

    I was so excited when I saw on Kazz's site that Marieke had written a book - I had no idea. I ran out first chance I got (which was sadly only Saturday), abandoned the housework and read the whole thing cover to cover in one sitting. I laughed, I cried, I was a cliche wrapped in a blanket on a cold, rainy day. Thanks for the new blog info, with all my breakfast blog reading I'll never be on time to work again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...