Sunday 11 September 2011

SSS Days 8, 9, 10: Round Up!

A collection of photos this morning, from my Self Stitched September, as with all 'ready for the weekend' days, a lot of things have happened. So to begin, Thursday: Day 8 is my red/blue love heart skirt from the UFO week at Sew Weekly, accessorised with the cowl I also made and wear to death when it's cold:


The temperature dropped right off again here in Melbourne, after we had so many beautiful spring days at the start of September, so it's back to the winter time layering. On Friday, we officially had a 'CRAZY' day. I worked in the morning, had loads of meetings after producing the breakfast show on the radio, but then it all went pear shaped, and just realised now, I only took this photo of my outfit:
For Day 9, it's the dress I made during our Unrequited Love theme at Sew Weekly, and instead of knee high socks like in the Sew Weekly photos, I'm wearing my OK OK full leg (and yummy warm) tights, and my OK OK bought Melissa Oxfords and two cardigans and a long sleeve tshirt underneath the dress. It was cold.

Someone who can hack the cold:


She's tough!

And then finally (the real reason these photos are so small) here's what I wore yesterday for Day 10, and I didn't check my face before Husbie took the photos right before bed. Yep, I have mascara smudgey eyes, but I'm not afraid to share the real me on the internet. However, I did have to make the photo a little smaller, so you don't stare at it and get a fright!


You have seen my darling school dress recently, and I'll probably wear it again before the end of Sept! It's SO comfy and I can't wait to wear it without the woolie tights. It's SO cold still! (I just turned the heater on).

Right now it is Sunday the 11th of September, and the 10 year anniversary of the day that changed a lot about the world. I've been hearing a little about 'Where were you 10 years ago' or 'When did you first hear about the attacks' via the radio and because I work with 18 - 24 year olds, a lot of them were in primary school. I can't imagine what that would be like hearing about the planes and the buildings and the big city of New York at such a young age. I wanna send a 'Thinking of You' type message here, but all I can say is 'Thinking of you, Compassion' right about now.

Today, I'm meeting Kazz! A sewing (albeit virtual!) companion and we're celebrating all things 1920s and 1930s with a little Great Gatsby soiree of our own in Melbourne. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a divine morning planned and no doubt get lots of great pics to share. We had a few chilly days again this week too but back to lovely sunshine today - about to get out and enjoy it. Haven't done much blog reading lately so thought I would have a quick check in on my favs, and say Hi. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heart skirt outfit is absolutely stunning! You look gorgeous! Makes me want to go to Ikea and stalk their fabric which is saying something because I hate Ikea (I get terrified and lost).

    Doggy Darling does look pretty tough, in a super adorable way. Does she still have coats, or is she too tough/grown up/mum I'm totally not going out in public wearing that, I'm a teenager now?

    You're an inspiration in wearing dresses and skirts and staying warm! Hope you had a lovely soiree!

    And sorry for comment-bombing your site, I haven't been well lately so I'm catching up!! (Albeit somewhat over enthusiastically...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...