Monday 5 September 2011

SSS Day 5: A secret for Sew Weekly


HAPPY MONDAY!

I'm back working early starts for two weeks, so it's the afternoon of a brilliant spring day here in Melbourne, and I thought I'd snap my outfit today really quick here on my new computer! Girls and boys, I thoroughly recommend doing your tax every year, because hopefully if you have a good accountant, you'll get money back each year for work related expenses which also means a new computer (in my books, anyways). BUT, I must haste because it's beautiful and sunny outside, and I better get out there with Doggie Darling.

Today I wore the dress I finished yesterday for the Sew Weekly theme, which involves dying or making a fabric or what not. I've never dyed anything before, so used this 'sepia' tone to hide the colour til you see it on Sew Weekly this week. It's a SURPRISE til then xoxo

It's THE perfect dress for a sunny day! Do you find you wear the clothes you make on the weekend straight away on the Monday? My colleagues always ask 'New Dress?' and I'm like 'Yep'. I am SUCH a broken record!

Oh! I also tried this AWESOME new hair technique: I was over at Vanessa's blog (who you should all totally crush on, like I do) who talked and showed off her 'Easy Curls' and by gosh! They're easy! She followed this video, and the girl in this video is just so cute!

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. ooohhh! Can't wait to see more of this dress! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks gorogeus!! I checked out the vid, and it is a fab tutorial..

    Looking forward to seeing your new dress...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...