Saturday 19 November 2011

Posies for Saturday




How's your Saturday? I am baffled by our outside weather, so choosing to stay indoors and do a bunch of housestuff! OMG, it's just raining down and now kinda cold! Yesterday was 33 degrees, and steamy hot. If you don't live in Melbourne, I'm not sure there is another city that is so up and down with its weather patterns.

People have been talking about a really cold and wet summer here, which would be great for keeping bushfires at bay... but really makes me think I need to book a holiday to Cambodia again asap. Today I was talking to a guy about Laos and Vietnam, so I might have to look into that for next year.

These flower photos are from Singapore, the top one, where flowers (fake and real) were out the front of shops and then the other two: the lotus flower and the red bunch were from Phnom Penh in Cambodia. I've never really seen lotus flowers before, but in Cambodz they were everywhere!

I'm catching up on a lot of sewing since it's raining so much, so back to the machines! Oh, I can't remember the bloggers name, but there's a cool blog name out there (let me know if you know here) which I can guess is a Florence + the Machine LOL - so her blog is 'Veronica + The (Sewing) Machine'... GREAT NAME. Back to my Machine!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Adelaide weather is up and down too. Yesterday was 37 and steamy and today is cool and overcast and even quite windy this morning. It's nuts! An overseas holiday sounds like a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue skies, hot as hades, jacarandas full pelt of purples, DD arriving from Melbourne - kind of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent two weeks in Laos and a month in Vietnam about 8 years ago. I would highly recommend either, especially to someone who loves textiles.... you can buy high quality handwoven silks on the streets in Luang Prabang and Vietiane for <$10US; some cities in Vietnam seem to be based solely on the tailor trade i.e. Hoi An was littered with tailor shops where you could choose your fabric and describe a garment, then they would take your measurements and finish the garment in about 24 hours for a very reasonable price (I think I had 3 dresses, three tops and two skirts made for around $50US)

    And besides all that, there is of course the wonderful food, great wines (yes!) and gorgeous sites to visit. You can always end a trip by staying on a beach in the south of Vietnam, sipping lemonade and eating freshly steamed crabs. There are much worse ways to spend a holiday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I hope your weather sorts itself out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...