Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013 - A Daily Life!




Happy 2013 to you all! My love of even numbers will be tested this year, but my Dad points out that all the digits add up to '6' and that's my FAVE number, so here's cheers to a good year for even and odd lovers! 

My big ideas for the year have been swelling around creating and reusing, and my first 'gung ho' challenge idea was (very ambitiously) to: blog everyday, and create something everyday. Yes, I think big. But the reality of being a first time Mama, with the messiest (and hot in summer, cold in winter) sewing room and plenty of Real Life errands to run around and do daily... the reality of this means that blogging and sewing/creating something and photographing it everyday is just not for me, let alone anyone.

These are a few of the realistic and fun ideals I'll try and live by in my daily life this year:

Avoid new products

Make first, buy secondhand second

Make something every week

Write everyday in someway (blog here or just write in my journal/diary)

Plan ahead for purchases

My first attempt and last purchase of 2012 of 'getting back' into this was buying a second hand car seat on ebay for Baby Darling. YAY!

And today, my first post of 2013, is just a simple ideal for me, not a big unacheivable challenge, just a way of daily life. This post took me since 9am to 1.30pm to write, in between parenting, helping my dad on ebay, writing our monthly To Do List and cleaning some of the house post holiday. My life is so different from this time last year. This time last year, I didn't even know I was pregnant!

I'm off to the shops, see you all around here (and your blogging space) for another great year! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy this time..it goes in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two look a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e
    oh, yes, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    I also added to my 2013 goals to write more often and I was thinking about sending snail mails card or little packages just for fun...so if you want to get a little something by the mail let me know. I never did that but sending and receiving cute cards by the mail is always fun...and I'm not amused anymore by the pizza adds that I get in the mail, ahahah!!!

    We have a lot of 2013 objectives in common! This is great!

    Take care and xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great goals for this year. I am a huge supporter of buying things second hand and reusing whenever possible, however, I recently went to a workshop on car seats for babies and like helmets they are only designed to sustain one impact. The problem with buying one used is that you do not know the history of the product and if it has already been in an accident. I believe the padding itself also has a limited shelf life. I enjoy reading your blog and do not mean to come across as judging or critical. Just hoping to pass on some information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay! Looking forward to reading your awesome posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello my dear! happy 2013 to you! I love your plans. I'm just starting to think about blogging again, but I don't know how achievable that will be once Dave goes back to work. I mainly just seem to spend my days sitting on the sofa, little monkey Milo is feeding all the time but not for long!

    p.s. I had heard what Renee said about the car seat as well, but for helmets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at wee Baby Darling all snugged up with mama! So cute! It will be great to have you blogging again :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2013! You three look so sweet together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest of new years to you and I just love that picture of all of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...