Thursday 3 March 2011

Sneak Peak: Colette for Sew Weekly

Hi darlings!

My dress will go up on The Sew Weekly later today, so whilst I've got you (before I rush to work and become all tied up with punk and heavy metal music until later tonight - AGAIN!) I thought I'd show you the waistband (with the white line/border of the tablecloth!) and how there are no spots or stains in sight!

I mentioned yesterday that I had a lot of puzzles to solve when putting together this dress, as the tablecloth was a darling 1960s one with some friendly wear and tear in places, so I spent a good hour or so putting the pattern pieces in the right spots.

Can't wait to show you the final dress!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh!! It's looking so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it. I love your choice of fabric and style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fabric is magnificent! Can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dress looks awesome... you've done a beautiful job on it! (saw your post on the other site)
    i'd really love to see you make some longer length dresses... i think if they are the right cut they'd look really nice and make you look taller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo...I cannot wait to see the final product! I love the color already :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love the fabric. I think those are peonies?
    for some reason I have the hardest time posting a comment on your blog... the comment box rarely pops up for me... despite two different computers >_>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...