Tuesday 14 April 2015

PAM: Updated URL // Bloglovin' // Disqus



Hey there, if you don't mind, I'd love to talk P.A.Ms: Personal Administration Matters! (with photos of flowers from the local flower market in Shanghai to help balance the admin-ish mood)

My friend Myf shared this term "PAM" with me years ago... & because a woman called Pam is always amazing, having a little nickname for your personal biz really helps... so today, I have a bit of a blah post, but a PAM post is needed everynow and again!

My PAM today is to let you know that I've actually updated my url to a DOT FREAKING COM. I have no idea why it took me so long! I've also let the Bloglovin' support crew know too, and have connected with Feedburner (have no clue about that yet, but #learningshit is my motto in life) and now I seem to have Disqus issues... only because my usual Admin settings have changed and blah blah blah, I've tried to sort that out... So today, I thought I'd let you know that I'm in a pickle while things get sorted out...

WHADDAYA GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?




Look! More flowers to make this blog post all nice and peaceful!

So I wanted to share the way I updated my url for the custom domain... I'm not sure if you're interested but I first read Heather Lou's straight to the point post (she can write SO well that woman!) on Upgrading Your Blog... and then clicked through a few links while googling and found:

Get Your Own Custom URL - which I'd already got in 2009 (LOL - there's almost nostalgia about this year right?!) but I read through how they'd suggest it.

The Wonder Forest (which has LOADS of blogging tips) has a How to Set Up a Custom Domain in Blogger post which was also good (There's a lot of suggestions to use 'Go Daddy' domains, I'd never heard of them, I can't stop thinking of Eartha Kitt's 'My Heart Belongs to Daddy' and that makes it creepy).

And the xoMissE's How to Smoothly Change Your URL was also so good because there are different steps and suggestions if things aren't working out. Actually Elaine is super helpful and has lots of different blogposts explaining what's what... I'm occasionally a forward thinking but more often than not a bit of a cheater with my knowledge... I was a researcher/producer for ages, so if I don't know something, I just have to work it out right away. So I flicked through lots of Elaine's posts on the prep you need to do to change your URL, to How to Install Your URL on Blogger and then onto talking about subdomains. I even looked over her post on Bloglovin' in case I had missed something there. She is a whizz. Thanks Elaine!




But yes, first check (if you use Disqus) that you're ok to use the Domain Migration Wizard (what a name!) and then let Bloglovin' know (if you use that too!). Blogs hey!?

I hope hope hope it all gets sorted soon!

YAY for writing on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...