Friday 29 April 2016

Voila: Long Silk Scarf for Springtime

Hi! How are you?! I'm sitting in my 'blogging' cafe today, catching up on a bunch of emails and different work projects... for the Internet is broken at my place. SO SAD! The router died and we're all waiting for the next option. Fingers crossed!

I have kept this scarf in my blog drafts section for a little while, and would love your thoughts... it's SUPER long right? Maybe a little too long for people under 5 foot, but I LOVE this floaty silk fabric! I'd sewn it up a little while ago, and haven't decided if it's for me or for a customer... so it's in the Little Studio with my girlfriends right now

The fabric is from my favourite Dongmen Lu Fabric Market, and the last two metres from the roll, so it was cheaper than other fabrics, maybe 100RMB, around 18 dollars? So while not super cheap compared to other scarf fabric, it's so luxurious! I love it!

As usual, it's my loopy scarf pattern... you sew the ends together and then hem the edges, very simple. The underside of the leopard print silk isn't too ugly... but I don't think this style is for everyone. I love loop scarves for looser looks or wrapped up warmer looks. And you'll never loose it while on the scooter! For some reason riding bikes with a scarf flying off has become a fear of mine... strange! Having a forever loopy scarf prevents losing it!

Guess what? Tomorrow, I've been asked by the lovely girls at Craft'd Shanghai to host a sewing workshop... to teach a simple gathered skirt with a zip. So excited to meet the blossoming seamstresses of Shanghai!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely dress. This green polka dots dress is realy beautiful. I really liked the blog and I'm really impressed by your post. Thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  It is with no surprise then that we are seeing companies supplying healthier goods to meet with customers demands. Silk Comforter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. silk bedding

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever texture you pick, ensure it looks great on the two sides. Contingent upon how the scarf is tied, the two sides will be noticeable off again on again, so you need the two sides to be satisfactory.Silk scarf

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're looking to lose weight then you absolutely have to start using this brand new tailor-made keto diet.

    To produce this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and top chefs joined together to produce keto meal plans that are productive, suitable, cost-efficient, and enjoyable.

    From their grand opening in January 2019, 100's of clients have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a great keto diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones offered by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By selecting several bedding themes for kids that you have determined to be of good quality construction and materials, you can allow the kids to choose the bedding they like best from this selection. kids bunk bed with slide

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Parisian luxury brand

    ReplyDelete
  9. subtle asian traits, We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Vsco girl outfits

    ReplyDelete
  11. soft girl outfits When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Online women dresses

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Online shopping sri lanka cash on delivery

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...