Friday 14 January 2011

Sew Weekly: Coco Chanel

Yay Hooray! My first week doing The Sew Weekly challenge, and my completed garment in on Mena's blog and here are some photos for you! I chose this Style Pattern, from 1991, but I wanted to make it a gorgeous LBD with a twist! What do you think?


Look how cute Doggie Darling is! I made it from this pattern:


I'm typing from my iPhone today, as we're heading down to the countryside and MAYBE going swimming! It's the craziest weather here in Melbs so not really sure what'll be on the cards for us!


It wasn't a tricky pattern to sew up, just lots of handstitching and ironing. I was slightly stressed because I had to cut it quite short to fit the fabric remnant, so lucky the hemline isn't too shocking!




20 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! You're so talented. And good luck with the weather, we've been watching the floods in QLD, and really worried with friends and fams living in Brissie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! And doggy darling is super adorable in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it---one of my favorite LBDs I've seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh so pretty! You did a great job on this dress. I love the black and white and the way you've styled it for your "photo shoot"
    ~Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fabulous. So Chanel-esque. Also I love the way you styled it with the shoes and the flower in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So worth the hand sewing. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome dress! You've made modern with classic and the design, the colours, the lenght... I love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. By the way, I think you have a wonderful, friendly face. Can I say that? Anyway, the dress is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous. It looks totally now, even futuristic, even though the pattern was from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Wish I could make something like that!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooooooooooooooo I loooooooovvvvveee it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute (and Doggie Darling gives it the paws up too)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome! I love it & it suits you to a teeee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg, this is hot. and it fits you perfectly...the "graphic" style and the reduced colors...!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done! I adore it! I guess it was worth all the handstitching, no?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress looks absolutely gorgeous! So simple but yet so elegant. What does the back of this dress look like. Does it have white too or is it all black?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...