Tuesday 4 January 2011

YAY! Sewing Weekly in 2011

I'm SO excited 'cause I've got news! You may have seen on Mena's The Sew Weekly blog (if you've popped over there today) she has relaunched the site to include four darling contributors and I've been included as one of those darlings!


Yay! Last year Mena blogged every week an amazing garment as part of Sew Weekly, and now she's invited us to take part for 2011. Have a little read over Mena's post today, as she does explain her plan a little bit more eloquently than myself, but pretty much there's four sewing peeps from all over the world (Wow!) who'll blog the same rate (one garment a week) together with Mena, on the same kinda theme! Hooray!


The main contributors at the moment are Debi, Adey and Sarah (and Mena - of course - & myself) and you'll be able to get involved as well! I've hung out on Debi's blog before, but am super excited to hang out with Adey and Sarah! Adey's so gorgeous and her style is really cool! As for you, Sarah, you're utterly adorable! If you haven't seen Debi's blog before, you'll be AMAZED at her craft, for she can make vintage pieces that look like they belong in the museums! Totes amazing.

Anyways, expect to see more news here about how I'll manage sewing a garment each week, and don't forget to hang out on Mena's blog for there's a great community happening over there! I think we'll start garment making ASAP! I really wanted to do this kinda challenge because it's well spaced, and has neat little deadlines of once a week. I work really well in my day job to deadlines, so it's weird I get all over the place with sewing. I leave everything to the last minute, and usually avoid planning and it may seem like I make amazing clothes, but like this red dress (made in an hour before I had to do a speech about my industry to a pack of enthusiastic young people) it's sometimes all too rushed.


I hope The Sew Weekly Challenge makes me pace out my garment making, and to also test my skills a bit more. YAY! Scary/fun/scary/weird/awesome/scary!

This is my New Years Eve outfit BTW! It was also 42 degrees at 6pm and I was utterly boiling. For some reason I then rode my bike to dinner, and yes, I wore my darling Melissa heels. ON THE BIKE. I think I'm going crazy in love with them!

Yay!

11 comments:

  1. You look adorable in that little red dress, I remember you said you made it on a whim but it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love the Sew Weekly and I'm delighted you're contributing! Love your dress, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Veronica! You are such a doll! *super excited and slightly nervous as well** :-) But first a super big work deadline due tomorrow am (eeps) then it's all sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just the cutest! i had friends that moved from Melbourne because they couldn't handle the Summer heat. 42 deg is boiling!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is so cool to be asked to contribute on someone elses blog. I can't wait to see what you come up with each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun. Your dress is super cute, and I love the sunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! You'll be awesome at it. I'll try to keep up but I was aiming for the at least one a month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your new gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's because the Melissa heels are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited to be doing this with all you guys - everyone is so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...