Monday 10 January 2011

Question Time!

Time for some quick questions, via the darling Kat at Kat's Creations (you should see her Granny Square Cushion! GO!) who's kindly given me a friendly nod! Thanks babes! Photos today will be of random foodz that has helped me take better photos. I dare you to try it, if you wanna take better photos, it's a great place to start! Hey, you gotta eat, so your subject is always changing!!


Bananas in Bali are small!

Why did you create the blog?

I started this blog to document my sewing (and other crafting things) to motivate me to keep sewing (and learning) and to help me get better at writing. I've started loads of other blogs (Ha Ha, I'm good at starting) but this is the only one I've followed through!

What kind of blogs do you follow?

Sewing blogs mostly, but other kinds: photography, flowers, books, films, vintage, feminism, cooking, landscape... heaps! I'm usually following noncommercial kinds, and DIY kinds. I only know a few bloggers IRL, who are design blogs or music blogs mostly, but I'm into everything.

  
All the good eggplant pieces are gone!

Favourite makeup brand?

I don't really have one! I get a lot of handmedowns from Mum (she has Clinique), and I bet she's surprised I still have a lot of it, since she gave it to me ages ago! I thought I bought a Loreal mascara, but it turns out it's Maybelline. I don't even know how to spell those properly!

Favourite clothing brand?

Again, I'm boring (or too busy to notice) and don't have one! I haven't bought clothes for ages, but I buy Melissa Shoes (from OK OK!) cause they're unreal and plastic and I also buy (when I can afford it, or when I'm at the factory outlet in Sydney!) Pleasure State underwear. They have the perfect bras, great for my shape.



Brunches at Cornershop in Yarraville!

Your indispensable makeup product?

I always wear mascara as I have long lashes, but they're blonde halfway through, so kinda little until I wear mascara.

Your favourite colour?

It changes between red, black, purple and green.


Faux Food on display at Bali Airport


Your perfume?

I wear Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique. I don't even know if I spelt that correctly either!


Your favourite film?

I can't think of just one that's the best! Probably Blue Velvet by David Lynch. Others are City of Lost Children, Star Wars (but Return of the Jedi the best), Casablanca, Calamity Jane, The Misfits, Dead Man, Bladerunner, Pretty n Pink. Heaps!

What country would you like to visit and why?

I'd like to go to America first (NYC) and then Norway or Finland, or Iceland, and maybe some South American places. I haven't really travelled enough recently, and would really like to go exploring to really cold places. Also anywhere I can get vintage things at good prices! Thrifty!


Thanks for reading! If you would like to take up these questions, consider yourself tagged! I've gotta dash out to see a couple of bands now, so can't stick around. This week is going to be a great Work in Progress Week, as I'll show you what I'm getting up to for the Sew Weekly blog! Mena has even set us up with a 'profile page' - CUTE! Here's mine! I feel so professional!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I like your taste in movies. Seems you have a fondness for what I call the Head Fuck category ehehee. My fave genre by far. Have you seen Pan's Labyrinth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the photos of food. I want to focus more on my photography this year so I can try and make the photos on my blog better. I want to ultimately one day be able to portrait photography too so want to try and practice that a bit this year. Thanks for doing the questionnaire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty in Pink. That brought back memories! :-)

    I think your writing is lovely. Very natural and unique. I always feel like we're chatting at the kitchen table, warming our hands on a cup of tea, when I read your blog. Wouldn't that be fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, we use the same perfume! I've been using that for quite a few years and it's not one of the common ones. what's the probability??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to practice taking good photos. Thanks for the tip. I shall get snapping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being awesome and a total darling, leave a message!

Dongmen Lu Fabric Market

Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...